How do I register my school for the DreamCatcher Mentoring program?
us an email to let us know you want to be part of this exciting
program or click on "JOIN NOW".
How do my students enroll for DreamCatcher Mentoring?
- During class time, students must login using a special "registration key".
- Students will be asked to complete a pre-program survey and declare their top 3 "dream careers".
- Approximately, one week prior to the start date, students will be connected with mentors who match their career interests.
- You will have online access to monitor your students' registration information and
- We will work with you to ensure that this program is delivered to meet your classroom curriculum
and schedule constraints.
Who can participate in the program?
All students from Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunvut, and other remote and isolated High Schools grade 9 to 12 are welcome to participate in DreamCatcher Mentoring
When does the program start and end?
DreamCatcher Mentoring is typically an 8-12 week mentorship anytime between September to June.
How much time do teachers and students have to commit?
DreamCatcher Mentoring program is very flexible. We encourage teachers
to allot approximately 30-60 minutes per week of classroom time for
students to login and communicate with their mentors. However, the time
that is allotted to this program can vary from school to school. We have
also found in the past that DreamCatcher Mentoring students login to
communicate with their mentors after school and at home. Because we have
amazing mentors volunteering their time with this program, we expect
all students to actively participate.
What measures does DreamCatcher Mentoring do to ensure student safety?
DreamCatcher mentors and staff are qualified through personal and
criminal references checks. DreamCatcher
carefully monitors all conversations to ensure that students are
interacting in a safe and positive e-environment.
We can help you customize this program to fit into
your curriculum schedule. Contact bigbrothersbigsisters.ca to discuss your needs.