Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada would like to wish you and your loved ones a very happy Family Day! When we speak of the Big Brothers Big Sisters family, we also naturally think of our extended family, our valued Alumni.
Staying connected is important in any family, and as a member of Big Brothers Big Sisters Alumni, members can stay connected by sharing stories and memorable moments, as well as keeping up to date on the latest contests, offers, as well as local and national news throughout the movement. Members can also can also stay connected with our Alumni family through our Facebook page, Twitter, and our LinkedIn group.
An as Alumni member, you also have the opportunity to inspire others with your story, as well as to reengage and perhaps even connect with a former Big or Little! If you’ve not yet registered as an Alumni, click here to register.
Spending time together as a family doing fun activities also helps to strengthen bonds. If you’re looking for some fun activities or ideas that the whole family can enjoy together, we’ve listed a few ideas below, or you can download our free little Big activity app for more great ideas and events in your area:
- Enjoy some winter fun such as ice skating, sledding, or building a snow fort and wrapping up your outdoor activities with a hot chocolate
- Check out your local museum, zoo, or aquarium
- Pop some popcorn, pick your favourite board games, and have a fun family game night
- Pick a recipe and create a meal together. Don’t forget to mix up a batch of your favourite cookies or cupcakes and let the kids decorate them (set up a decorating table)
- Check out the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada’s mobile app for more activity ideas, recipes, crafts and events in your local area
- Have fun!
Happy Family Day!